CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 7, 2010

Letter P

I LOVED teaching the letter P! They are so many fun things you can do with it!!
First I had the kids come in their pajamas for a pajama party! During our party the children helped me make homemade playdough where they each got to choose their own color. The recipe for this AMAZING playdough:
3 cups flour
1 1/2 cups salt
3 cups water
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 Teaspoon cream of tarter
food coloring
Mix in saucepan on medium/low until hard to stir and looking thick. Kneed a couple of times on the counter.
I did it just slightly different than the recipe where I mixed everything except the food coloring. When it was done cooking I split it up evenly so each child had their own and then added food coloring and kneeded it.
We practiced making letter P's out of our playdough and then they got to be creative from there. At the end of the day I took each color of playdough and split it into 4th's so each child could take home 4 different colors. This playdough lasts such a long time and in my opinion is WAY better than store bought!
*We also painted piggy banks at our pajama party. I found the cutest pig shaped banks at the dollar store and so I snatched them up and let the kids paint them whatever color they wished. It was so fun and so cute! There are a lot of versions online where you can make your own piggy bank as well!
*We popped popcorn for snack
*We played with blocks and learned how to make patterns!
You know you all want to have a pajama party now! Tell me what fun games you come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment